Thursday, March 29, 2012

On-Line Trash Talk

I'm absolutely astonished by this.
In a recent news report from a local ABC channel covered the language that you hear when playing games on Xbox live. Now I know that kids as young as five know how to use four letter words and then some; and you know how racists, sexist, and discriminating an online gamers’ vocabulary can be. By all means this is not news to me in any way. However, it is news to me that some parents are actually 100% oblivious and unaware to these truths.



I am sorely disappointed that any parent thinks that being online with a console means that you aren't exposed to and influenced by the sorry putrid sludge which is part of any online experience. In fact since there's voice chat by default on the Xbox, it's even more likely that you'll be exposed the nasty side of online users.

The ignorance in irresponsibility of some people never ceases to amaze me. I am thankful that this report wasn't anti-gamer though.

---Strife Out---

No comments:

Google+