Thursday, December 04, 2008

Double Negative

If you've read any of my early posts you would know that I have a great deal of respect for music regardless of where it comes from. Even though I'm like any other person and I have my own preferences, All music is worth listen to at least once... even... country... maybe. Anyway of all the music I listen to, my favourite has to be plain instrumental. The feelings that notes alone can carry is, in my opinion much more powerful than that of which lyrics can hold; Notes are international and all encompassing to so there exist no boundaries to them. However I digress, back to the point of this post.

With the somewhat recent announcement of the YouTube Symphony Orchestra contest, I've been reminded that classic music needs just as much respect. For a period of time I liked instrumental music only if it had a certain sound to it. I can't really explain it but if it didn't sound like it could fit to a visual element (like a movie) I just didn't have a lot of care for it.
Well that all changed when I decided to watch an anime called Nodame Cantabile. It made a connection with me. So being a person that likes instrumental music to start with, It pushed me to understand classical music better. By the end of the show I gained a significant amount of respect for classic compositions and all the music written in it's style.

I guess all I'm trying to say is that odd things can influence how you grow. I never thought an anime would make me appreciate classics but it did.

Nodame Cantabile opening


----CP Out----

No comments:

Google+