Saturday, May 24, 2008

Up-To-Date

Some time ago I talked about how I was going to build myself A new PC and how it was going to be a kick ass build with incredible displays. Well we all have to take things one at a time. So I started with the core and muscle first.
I now have my new system built but I lack the displays I want. It won't be to long till I get my hands on the first one though. Until then I have my HDTV to use (even though it's not a good monitor).
Anyway here are the system specs.
--------------

CPU: Intel core 2 duo 3.16ghz socket LGA 775
VGA: XFX GeForce 9800 GX2 1gb DDR3 vRam PCIe 2.0 SLI supported
MB: XFX LGA 775 1600fsb nvidia nForce 790i Ultra DDR3 ATX intel
RAM: OCZ Reaper DDR3 1333 2gb
PSU: Zalman modular heatpipe 850w ATX 12v
DVD: Samsung SATA DVD+R burner
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 250g 720 rpm SATA 3.0gb/s

--------------

Next up are the pics. I have a soda can in some of them to make a Point of how big the case is.

--------------
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
These are all the boxes for the components, minus the ram, hdd, and dvd.Big isn't it? Made of steel and weighs around 43lbs.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Front end 4 usb, 1 ieee, 1 eSata, mic, and headphonesIt also has a door that can be hinged on either side.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
The side panel has foam for sound dampening.Basic "guts" picture, as you can see not a normal case.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
six HDD bays, to bad they have cooling issues.Each bay has a thumb screw and easily slides out for maintenance.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Massive cooler (110mm) for a small cpu.Massive vga, best and largest available.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Big psu, look at all those wires (ugly).Extra case fans jury rigged to help cool the hdd cage.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Intake vents on the bottom have dirt screens.

--------------

Only thing more difficult than tanking the Pics was making this gallery.
---CP Out---

No comments:

Google+