Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Infinite Delay

For those of you who haven't herd the highly anticipated Bioshock Infinite has been delayed until next year 2013. Ken Levine, the master mind behind the game and the original Bioshock, says the reason is how the game simply isn't the bioshock that it's supposed to be yet. In addition infinite won't be making an appearance at E3 this year, so the team can focus on finishing the game instead of preparing for a media event.

Personally I'm both relieved and troubled by this event. While I was looking forward to playing Bioshock Infinite this October, I was wondering where I would find the time with other releases like Borderlands 2 landing in the same time frame. Now that it'll be dropping during the early year lull (February 2013) or gaming dry spell, I'll be able to devout much more time to it when the game comes out.

I love the game Levine makes, and this delay is acceptable in my book, if not discomforting. I actually almost never have a problem with delays, just so long as they don't escalate into Duke Nukem Forever territory. If that happens, no one wins.

patiently waiting.
----Strife Out----

No comments:

Google+