Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sim City

I spent a lot of time as a kid playing the Sim City games, to bad this bit of news places the new one in my DO NOT PLAY category.

As I've stated before I have my convictions with EA and their digital distribution program Origin. However, my mind is just blown by the DRM involved with the new Sim City that EA subsidiary Maxis is making. Always on DRM, or in other words, If you're not connected you can't play. I thought this lesson was learned with the horrible debacle of the Spore DRM, and furthermore the Assassins Creed 2 DRM. Just goes to show that some companies will always cling to bad ideas, no matter how harmful they are.



---Stife Out---

1 comment:

Una Persona del Mundo said...

Yes, as time goes on, it seems like people put up with more DRM in their games (though the companies are certainly half of the problem). I loved Spore when it came out, but I had the naivete to install it on my mom's cheaper PC first. It was rather unfortunate that I couldn't install it on my actual gaming PC and was forced into a more sub par gaming experience.
Now that I'm actually aware of the stuff that I put up with for a good gaming experience (and more than that the stuff I don't have to put up with), I'm going to stop buying products that shove these usually unnecessary restrictions in my face.

Google+