Friday, August 24, 2012

Waste and Capitol

Wasteland 2 is a title I've been keeping in the corner of my eye since it's development was announced earlier this year. The original Wasteland was the precursor to the Fallout series, which was created when Black Isles couldn't get the rights to the franchise. I'm not expecting anything from the new Wasteland, mainly because I know very little about it. However, I am hopeful that it will have success similar to Fallout 3 though, seeing the large similarities between the IPs.

There's good news too, according to Brian Fargo, the project lead, the game is coming right along. Wasteland 2 was kickstarted by crowd funding, so there are no corporate overlords to demand the game have safe and easy-to-market design. The budget is a bit small compared to traditional publisher backed games, but seeing as how there's no corporate cut to be taken that's a small price to pay. The game is far from done though, and until It's release draws dangerously close I probably won't be playing much attention to it.

But I am still hoping it becomes a breakout hit that makes me love the wasteland even more.

----Strife Out----

No comments:

Google+