Wednesday, September 17, 2008

D-day editing

Ok, so for those of you who don't know, a lot of what I can do on a computer that's constructive is video effects and title construction. There are a number of things that I can do that aren't considered easy. That being said I don't think any of it is much and other people like me can do just as well (or better and faster). Point of it all is that no one really appreciates what the effects team can do, or at least it always feels that way. It may be true of many things but people giving the brush off when you spent thirties of fifties of minutes to make a cool looking title. Then who knows how long on the video effects, is just a bit discouraging. Oh yeah did I mention how long it takes to shoot the footage?

Well anyone reading this is probably one of those people but still, I totally appreciate all the work that goes into the creation. Here's a good example of what the effects team can do and how much work can go into something. Remember the D-day landing in Saving Private Ryan? What was done on a massive budget with a thousand extras, these three GDs did in four days with just themselves as actors.

Recreating the D-Day landing


I swear the public really doesn't care about us.
----CP Out----

1 comment:

Unknown said...

4 day shooting but I let's not forget that there was 6 weeks of post production. There is a lot of rotoscoping, green screen, 3d modeling in the video. Usually the shooting is the fast step of a any film with many FX. www.fallout4itemcodes.com/

Google+